Sunday, December 19, 2010

Email From An Artist

" ....  my own shower, where I surprised my wife and step-daughter with glow-in-the-dark grout. I wish I would have recorded their reaction when I had them stand in front of the shower and then turned of all the lights.  It was amazing to see.  The pebble floor with skipping stones we had collected from our walks to Lake Michigan looked as if they were floating on a sea of light.  The 3-D design on the walls makes you completely lose perspective of the space within the walled boundaries. This idea is key to my designs.  The main concept is to make any confining space seem like an endless universe. 

My wife and I are currently turning our house into "A House of Art," where we will be hosting art parties and also using for a design showroom.  See the "myartparties.com" website for more details."

Matthew Felton
www.matthewsworks.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home