Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Doghouse





Message from Paul:

"Once a year our neighborhood has a home tour. This year the benefiting charity is a local dog shelter. The organizers asked local craftsmen to build a dog house to be put up for auction. Being an old school Italian tile man, I couldn't resist the offer to showcase my talents with glass tiles. The cement board shell was waterproofed with HydroBan. The roof "shingles" are 1/2" square iridescent glass set in Latapoxy 310 , which made the installation very easy. The shingles certainly are not going to fall off. The Tiffany glass tiles are set to mimic the Victorian style bungalows common in the Heights section of Houston.

This is the "ad" I wrote to describe the dog house for the auction:

House for sale, move to your lot. Truly a rare find. This custom built craftsman style classic Heights bungalow boasts an extra large covered front porch, vaulted ceilings, extra large master bedroom, solid bamboo flooring in an open floor plan. The exterior features Tiffany glass siding, hand painted double hung windows in the 3 color style with antiqued glass, which is all accented by the Bisazza glass tile roof.

The auction is April 9th. My competition is 5 architects. I am eager to see which dog house brings in the highest bid. I can have some of the professional pictures taken at the event sent to your blog. For now these are the ones I took on a neighbors lawn that looks far better than the weed patch at my house. To make sure everyone knows just who built the best dog house, I am planning on using the Latapoxy 310 to create a glass necktie to go with my suit."

Paul Luccia
Cabot & Rowe
Houston, Texas
http://cabotandrowe.com/

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home