Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Some People Do "Good Deeds"



My College roommate does good stuff in his community.

short version:
I was helping out at Habitat for Humanity one day, installing underlayment and inquired if they needed help with electrical work. I went back the following Thursday and Friday to install switches and outlets because their regular electrician volunteer has difficulty working low because of his back. While I was at it, I connected phone jacks and TV cable outlets.

long version:
Our Fellowship Group serves meals once a month at the Union Gospel Mission in Seattle and were short one time so I called an ex-coworker who came with his family. For "payback" my wife and I helped at Habitat for Humanity when his church sent a group for Together we Build day http://www.togetherwebuild.org/. My wife caulked and spackled trim while I installed underlayment with a very quiet, observant Muslim. I inquired if they needed help with electrical work and went back the following Thursday and Friday to install switches and outlets because their regular electrician volunteer has difficulty working low because of his back. While I was at it, I connected phone jacks and TV cable outlets.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ceramictec said...

That's pretty nice.
Over the years I have donated all of the small amounts of tile I have stored in my warehouse to HFH and other charity stores. hopefully someone can use it besides throwing it in the dump.

October 21, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home