Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tile Guys Who Are Inventive


"OK now this is the best part of the job. I find silicone to be the only lasting change of plane treatment. Especially in a wet environment. One thing I can’t stand about silicone is the shine. Even if the color matches the texture doesn’t. Laticrete sells an incredible color matching silicone but even it has a shine to it. To prevent this I siliconed the job and then immediately sandblasted the silicone joint. The media I used to blast the joint was part “C” of Spectralock. This shower was grouted using Spectralock so I used the matching latisil then blasted the joint with the matching part “C”. The siliconed joint looks almost exactly like grout."

Todd Roberts/Tile Works - Spokane WA

Read more here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home