Team LATICRETE® – helping to make the world a better place
Albert Schweitzer Familienwerk Foundation Philippines, Inc. (ASFFPI) also known as “Children’s Haven” is a non-stock, non-profit and non-government organization that focuses on helping abandoned, neglected and exploited children, needy women, families, older and disabled people by providing shelter and other basic needs for survival, protection, development and participation.
The LATICRETE team was divided into three groups to help care for three different age groups of children and teenagers.
Group 1: Children 7 yrs old & below
- Each child was provided with a coloring book and crayons for a coloring session
- Children were broken up into small groups along with 2 LATICRETE team members to act out stories from books they were reading. One person was the reader, while the other acted the storyline out.
- Mentors asked the children to visualize what they want to be when they grow up and had them draw and color a representation of this on a board.
- The children taught their mentors how to sing and dance a specific Filipino song
- Taught the children proper good grooming (brushing teeth, washing hands/feet, cutting nails)
- The LATICRETE team and teens prepared and cooked 3-4 lunch dishes for 100 children and administrative staff.
Learn more about ASFFPI: www.asffpi.webs.com
|Coloring with the children|