Wednesday, May 04, 2011

A Work of Mosaic Art



Apollo's Stallions

Some background about the piece:

"Apollo's Stallions" is based on an original oil painting created in 1964 by Emily Touraine.  The clients own the work of art, and asked me to re-create it in mosaic for the outside of their newly-built Arabian horse barn.

I created the mosaic on Hardibacker board, using smalti (Italian and Mexican) and 24K gold crystal smalti.  I used 254 Platinum thinset, and did not grout.

My installer and I will be adding travertine trim around the edges within the coming couple weeks.  I'll forward additional photos then.

I loved working with the 254 Platinum, and was very pleased with the performance.  I have no doubt this piece will last for many lifetimes!


Dianne Sonnenberg Mosaics
http://DianneSonnenberg.com
diannes@mac.com

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful mosaic Dianne, another masterpiece.
Best Wishes Sandy Robertson

June 28, 2011 at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home