Friday, July 09, 2010

A Laticrete Guy & His Commitment To "Doing Good"

I am .... asking for your help! I am looking to "raise the bar" on fund raising and would love to have you ...... support my cause.

In approximately four weeks I will be riding across the state of Massachusetts in the 2010 Pan Massachusetts Challenge (PMC). This 190 mile bike ride, over 2 days, is a fundraising effort to support cancer research on behalf of the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA.

This will be the longest journey on a bike I have taken, yet will not compare to the challenge many of our friends and families face fighting cancer.

I will be riding as part of "Team Dragonfly", in honor of our friend Jen Haan, who lost her fight to Sarcoma at the age of 39. Jen left behind a husband, four young children and was an amazing women. I will also be riding to support those fighting cancer today, especially a good friend, Tom, who is in the midst of the battle and Tommy Joffrion, who is 4 years old and suffering from chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML), a cancer that starts inside the bone marrow. He is
currently being treated at the Dana Farber and is awaiting a bone marrow and/or stem cell transplant. I am sure we each have our own stories to tell of friends suffering from this disease. Please let me know and I will attach their names to my jersey during the ride.

I am writing today in hopes that you will join me in this fight. The PMC gives 100% of the funds raised directly to cancer research and treatment. My goal is to raise $15,000 and I am asking for your help.

Our efforts and your support will help ease the burden of families that have to endure this hardship and will get us closer to reaching our goal. We train and ride with thousands of special people in mind and hope in our hearts.

You can donate by clicking on this direct link:
http://www.pmc.org/profile/PM0182

Or

Mailing a check made out to the "PMC" to my home address:

Peter McKeon
11 Alcott Street
Acton, MA 01720

I will ride, but I do need your help to reach the ultimate goal - a world without cancer! Thank you in advance for your support!

Peter McKeon
Laticrete Regional Sales Manager
pfmckeon@laticrete.com
Cell: +1.617.799.2986
Fax. +1.978.635.1738

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Maria Joffrion said...

I'm Tommy's mom and I wanted to Thank you for your involvement in the PMC and your efforts to help. We look forward to greeting you in Lakeville at the PMC. Thank you!!!
Maria and family

July 17, 2010 at 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home